At Solina, our community of over 2,700 people share a passion for food and live our entrepreneurial culture. We design customised savoury solutions for our clients operating in the food industry, food service, butchery and nutrition markets. With sustainability at the heart of our business model, we aim to produce food that is good in every sense of the word : delicious, nourishing, affordable, sustainable and convenient. Solina is a fast growing business, with 30 production sites and R&D laboratory, we are present in more than 19 countries mainly in Europe and North Americas. By constantly rethinking culinary solutions, we make food matter for people and the planet.
Asenzya, A Proud Solina Company, is a leading customized ingredient solutions provider serving the food industry worldwide
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring formulas and experiments are well documented and recorded in Asenzya database
- Producing customer samples in a laboratory environment
- Developing new concepts and prototypes for meat alternatives with authentic taste and texture
- Demonstrating thorough knowledge of USDA labeling requirements, legal limits, and ingredient functionality.
- Following evolving industry trends and new protein technologies
- Working with Purchasing to source and update raw materials needed for product development
- Participating in the approval of the new raw materials and new suppliers by reviewing samples and documentation
- Working with Asenzya Culinary team to demonstrate flavor and function of meat & meat alternative products in finished foods
- Working with the R&D Manager to help train customers and Sales team on ingredient functionality, blending procedures, and tasting methods.
- Demonstrating knowledge of Asenzya’s products and assisting Sales in promoting our product portfolio to customers
- Support Sales efforts in the field by traveling to key customer locations and for presentations and tradeshows
- Supervising and/or participating in sensory panels
- Working with Asenzya Regulatory team to determine product labeling and nutrition
- Following good manufacturing practices (GMP) and established standard operating procedures (SOP) while working safely in a laboratory environment
- You are passionate about research & development of food products
- You have BS or MS degree in Meat Science, Food Science, or related discipline
- You have at least three to five years of food industry experience
- You have a demonstrated ability to manage your time effectively and execute on multiple technical projects
- You are results-oriented and accountable to your team
- You have strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- You are willing to travel as needed (up to 10%)