At Solina, our community of over 2,700 people share a passion for food and live our entrepreneurial culture. We design customised savoury solutions for our clients operating in the food industry, food service, butchery and nutrition markets. With sustainability at the heart of our business model, we aim to produce food that is good in every sense of the word : delicious, nourishing, affordable, sustainable and convenient. Solina is a fast growing business, with 30 production sites and R&D laboratory, we are present in more than 19 countries mainly in Europe and North Americas. By constantly rethinking culinary solutions, we make food matter for people and the planet.
Asenzya, A Proud Solina Company, is a leading customized ingredient solutions provider serving the food industry worldwide
This position reports to the Quality Control Manager to ensure quality standards throughout the plant are being maintained. They shall be responsible for organoleptic analysis on product samples, along with performing chemistry and microbiological analysis to ensure the product is in spec.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in performing in-house micro-testing on raw materials and finished products to include, but not limited to, Total Plate Count, Coliform, E. Coli, Yeast and Mold. Conduct in house chemical analysis including, but not limited to: sieve, moisture, salt, volatile oil, etc.
- Inspection of the production equipment throughout the plant, at start up and any scheduled sanitation checks and end of week cleaning inspections as needed to ensure cleanliness.
- Check finished product and in process samples contents, color, flavor, and any other pertinent analysis for the product.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science degree, or experience in a Quality Control setting within the food industry is preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of employees throughout the organization.
- Ability to effectively write and present information to groups of individuals within the company.
- Ability to conduct mathematical analysis and statistical analysis.